In 2021 the Association for Political History will organize a series of webinars on key topics in political history.
More information on registration and the invitation link to the webinars will follow soon!
12 February 2021
PhD Nordic Webinar
Universities of Aarhus, Jyväskylä and Södertörn
This webinar provides PhD students from the members institutions with comments from experts and peers representing fellow universities.
Moderator: Pasi Ihalainen (Jyväskylä)
- 10.00-10.45 Troels Solgaard Andersen (Aarhus), The Reality of a Fiction: A History of Cultural Censorship during the German Occupation of Denmark 1940-1945, first commentator Simo Mikkonen (Jyväskylä)
- 10.45-11.30 Martin Englund (Södertörn), Facing Sweden: The Experience of arriving in Sweden after the forced migration from Poland during the Antisemitic Campaign 1967-1972, first commentator Pertti Ahonen (Jyväskylä)
- 11.30-12.00 Break
- 12.00-12.45 Risto-Matti Matero (Jyväskylä), From companionship with nature to consumer rights: Changing perception of human nature in German, Swedish and Finnish green parties, 1980-2010, first commentator Norbert Götz (Södertörn)
- 12.45-13.30 Emilia Lakka (Jyväskylä), Labor immigration and the enlarged European Union: a comparison of the policy preferences of Finnish, Danish and Swedish parliamentary parties 2000-2018, first commentator Niels Wium Olesen (Aarhus)
- 13.30-13.45 Final discussion on future webinar cooperation
Webinar Making Political History Global. Political history from the perspective of scholars of non-European history.
Power in History, the Research Group Political History of the University of Antwerp
Contact: Marnix Beyen
Webinar The state of democracy 1: The permanent crisis of democracy
Utrecht University (in cooperation with Research School Political History, Arhus University and EUI)
Contact: Ido de Haan
Webinar The state of democracy 2: Democracy and the economy
Arhus University (in cooperation with EUI and Utrecht University)
Contact: Hagen Schulz-Forberg
Webinar Languages of Populism
EUI (in cooperation with UU, RSPH and Arhus University)
Contact: Lucy Riall